Shareholder Information
Who Owns Adaro?
On July 16, 2008, 32 billion shares in Adaro Energy were publicly listed on the Indonesian Stock Exchange, with 35% of those (11 billion shares) marketed in an Initial Public Offering (IPO) that raised Rp12.2 trillion (US$1.3 billion).

The IPO was held to allow acquisitions to be made to simplify the corporate structure into a single holding company with independent yet integrated operating subsidiaries acting as profit centers. Increasing control of subsidiaries was aimed at enabling Adaro Energy to better control and strengthen its coal supply chain, and it has successfully allowed us to build synergies among different business units and create a more efficient, profitable and bigger Adaro Energy.

Edwin Soeryadjaya, Theodore Permadi Rachmat, Garibaldi Thohir, Ir. Subianto and Sandiaga S. Uno, the members of five respected Indonesian families who owned Adaro either personally or through companies they control before the IPO, remain as the majority investors with 64.68% of outstanding shares.

Post-IPO, the cumulative ownership of Adaro has changed so that now only about 75% of shares are owned by Indonesian investors, including our majority shareholders. The remaining 25% of shares are almost all owned by overseas corporate investors.

Our Majority Shareholders
Number of shares % share
Adaro Strategic Investments 14,045,425,500 43.91
Garibaldi Thohir 1,976,632,654 6.18
Edwin Soeryadjaya 1,051,738,544 3.29
Theodore Permadi Rachmat 724,420,430 2.26
Ir. Subianto 435,000,120 1.36
Julius Aslan 17,000,000 0.05
Chia Ah Hoo 13,713,500 0.04
Siswanto Prawiroatmodjo 750,000 0.00
Other shareholders 13,719,301,252 42.90
Total 31,985,962,000 100.00
 
 
Figures as at March. 31, 2016

Public Shareholders by Sector
Number of investors Number of Stock % share
Domestic Investors
Retail 16,330 1,172,546,275 10.38
Corporation 266 2,221,332,033 19.67
Pension Fund 101 138,011,600 1.22
Foundation 13 10,479,700 0.09
Co-operative 6 1,262,600 0.01
Sub-Total 16,716 3,543,632,208 31.37
Foreign Investors
Corporation 696 33,338,442 68.33
Retail 119 7,718,061,160 0.30
Sub-Total 815 7,751,399,602 68.63
Total 17,531 11,295,031,810 100.00
Figures as at March. 31, 2016

Top 10 Public Shareholders
No. Shareholders Shares % share
1 BPJS Ketenagakerjaan – BPJS 994,948,000 3.11
2 Credit Suisse (Singapore) Ltd (Fi) A/C 3C-94234001 633,199,400 1.98
3 Dimensional Fund Advisors 576,123,784 1.80
4 KEPCO 384,000,000 1.20
5 Bank of Singapore 357,539,427 1.12
6 Vanguard 353,952,290 1.11
7 People’s Bank of China 298,206,499 0.93
8 GIC 206,860,910 0.65
9 PT AIA Financial 188,422,900 0.59
10 PT Taspen (Persero) – THT 171,409,000 0.54
Figures as at March. 31, 2016

Ownership
at a Glance

PT Adaro Strategic Investments
43.91%

Garibaldi Thohir
6.18%

Other key shareholders
14.68%

Public
35.32%

Figures as at Dec. 31, 2015

Read More About Investing
  • Why Invest in Adaro?

    8 core strengths that showcase Adaro as an asset in your portfolio.

  • Share Price Data

    Detailed, real-time price and volume chart viewable across any time period

  • Dividend Information

    Details of all historical payments plus comprehensive information on our dividend policies.

  • Research Coverage

    Up-to-date list of analysts covering Adaro and their recommendations, plus contact details

  • Financial Highlights and Chart-Builder

    Our key financial data listed over the past five years and the past ten quarters

  • Report Center

    Download all annual reports and financial statements published since Adaro was listed in 2008.

  • Announcements and Disclosures

    A comprehensive download center for our corporate activity reports, announcements and filings.

  • Presentations and Events

    How we reach out to the capital markets. Download current and archive investor presentations

  •